Sunday 2 October 2016

Melancholy

Listening to some old Lingala music
Tshala Muana sings Kokola
Reminiscing the past – I just can’t explain this feeling
As I drove back – my thoughts are far in wonderland
I recollect the past moments of joy and smile 
But am here healthy and sound
My son brings me great joy
I see him thrice a week 
I always sing him a song every morning 
“What a beautiful morning” he smiles and giggles
But I have to do this for him
When you are four son – papa will be a doctor of philosophy
I know you’ll wear my cap and ask why it’s not like the rest’s
It will be a happy time for us all
You’ll have started school and maybe have a sister
I think of all this with a hopeful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

[ZELEZA] Malawi’s Political Earthquake: Nullification of the Presidential Elections

By Prof Paul Tiyambe Zeleza  3/2/2020 The Malawian Constitutional Court has annulled last year's presidential election results....

Most Viewed